Sunday, May 25, 2014

Semester Reflection

This semester was particularly good, I had the opportunity to participate and take part in lots of engaging planned and initiated activities, where I learned and developed countless new skills and learned a lot about different topics and areas (such as: sewing).
For TFC (The Forgotten Children) this semester we were able to focus on one of main goals/objective: spreading awareness on the topic of child sex tourism in Sri Lanka (engaged in issues of global importance). We were able to travel to different places in the local area (Colombo) such as: Crescat, the good market, etc. where we tried to hand out flyers about our service and our goals and objectives to different people and retrieve contact details of different people, so we could e-mail them monthly newsletters and different updates about our service (working collaboratively with others). Also, currently, we working on a collaborative video within our group that spreads awareness about general safety, targeted to children.
For action, this semester I tried two different sports: Badminton, and basketball, which were quite new to me (undertaking new challenges). Badminton was during the first half of the semester, which was quite fun and interesting, as it was a new sport to me. But with the help of my coaches and peers, I was able to develop a countless amount of new skills and participate in a internal badminton tournament, which a new experience for me. Basketball is still on going, but is quite fun (and competitive) of an activity, and I have been able to learn different techniques and skills of basketball from players who are much better than me, but overall it is a definitely a great learning experience for me!
Creativity has been quite unique and interesting this semester, beginning off with Surface Embellishment, which was new to pretty much everyone in the activity (undertaking new challenges), so it was quite a different experience from other creativity activities I had participated in, but it was really an amazing activity. Where I learnt, again, many new skills such as: sewing (cross-stitch, chain stitch, etc.), stencil making, t-shirt making, painting, and many, many more, from the supervisors from AOD (working collaboratively with others), which I would have never thought of doing before this activity! Overall it was a definitely a new, but fun experience for, not only me, but everyone in the activity! Drawing club is the activity I continued into the second half of the semester, and is still on going. I have learned more about this activity from my earlier experience with this activity in the first semester, such as setting a focus topic for my artwork, in my case: Pokemon, helping me create much better artwork, and I think definitely I have developed new skills and improved on my art skills and works.

No comments:

Post a Comment