Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Creativity Update

For this half the semester I decided to rejoin drawing club (showing persistence and commitment in activities) (since I have done that before).
One thing I realized and learned from the last drawing club is that I need to set myself an objective that I can achieve at the end of the sessions. A topic focus that I can continue throughout the whole of the drawing club (show persistence and commitment in activity). So I decided to focus on the topic of 'Pokemon,' as it is something that my friends and I are very fond of, especially throughout our childhood, so I thought it would be very interesting and cool to present throughout it in my drawing. Towards the end I hope to make a kind of 'collage' of different Pokemon on a single A3 piece of paper, to resemble childhood (since Pokemon was a big part of mine).
This idea is very new to me, since I haven't done a collage involving an idea like such (undertaking new challenges), and especially since collages are not very common amongst me (developing new skills).
It is definitely a new experience for me in the area of art, but I definitely feel it will be successful as long as I can dedicate myself and show commitment, and I feel like I can learn a lot of new skills and improve on a lot of existing ones. Overall it should be a very fun and memorable experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment