Thursday, May 8, 2014

Badminton: The Last Week

A few weeks ago, after many completed sessions, I finally finished my last session (showing perseverance and commitment in activity) of badminton. Throughout the course of this activity, I have learned and developed many new skills and got the opportunity to experience different things, all within the realm of badminton.
I felt that throughout the course I really improved one a variety of techniques in badminton, in a particular my smashing skill (developing new skills), as before the activity I didn't know how to smash, but overtime I learned and improved on it and how to apply to games through the help of peers and coaches, which later helped score many points during matches. But I still feel I could definitely improve more on this skill; and learn to use more wrist and apply more power in the shot (increased awareness of areas of growth and development). Another skilled I learned is how to serve properly, which is a vital part in any badminton game and something that can score you easy points. I learned that you want to serve as close to the boundaries as possible, to make it hard for you opponent. When playing singles, you want to serve far, as the boundaries are more lengthy, while in double you want to serve wide, since the boundaries are set wider.
Towards the last few sessions, we started playing an internal badminton tournament, which was quite new to me (undertaking new challenges), where we could really test all the various new skills we had learned throughout the course, it also gave rise to all players to be able to play amongst other players we haven't played much against, giving us all an opportunity to learn from others and improve ourselves overall. During this tournament one of my colleagues advised me to improve on my stance and balance, as wasn't able to reach the shuttlecock in time to hit it back, and so I lost quite a significant amount of points due to this (increased awareness of areas of growth and development). But overall the tournament was a really great experience and great opportunity to test my skills in game, play against different opponents, and improve (a lot)!




Chadoo and I playing a match

No comments:

Post a Comment