Sunday, November 3, 2013

First Week of Football

   On the last week of October was the first week of football for me. Personally it was a new experience for me as it was kids younger than me, as usually I take part in planned and initiated activities with peers or kids older than me, where I could learn from them, but now I have to teach to others and undertake new challenges (developing new leadership skills). For warm up we had to partner up with each other and practice on our passes (work collaboratively with others), and I partnered up with a colleague younger than me named Virat. I helped him practice his passes and teach him the right method for passes and improve his skills. We worked very collaboratively with each other, and improved each others skills in different ways, and not only that, towards the end I had made a new friend!


   Me and Virat practicing passes during warm-up

Towards the end we played a skirmish, which gave me a opportunity to really increase my awareness on my own strengths and areas for growth, such as I realized that throughout the game, my aim when taking shots at goal, as most often I missed the goal by shooting too high. Also it gave me a chance to get to know every bodies strengths and weaknesses so I can help them improve on their football skills by working collaboratively with others. It also gave me a chance to show my perseverance and commitment to the activity, as no matter how many times we missed or lost possession of the ball, me and my team never gave up and kept trying and that way we managed to end the game in a tie!

No comments:

Post a Comment