Friday, January 17, 2014

Badminton First Week

     On Monday, I attended my first badminton session of the semester, which was more difficult that I thought it'd be, but hopefully I can improve this over the course of the semester.
    When playing I've noticed I need to improve mostly, my aim, as most of the time the shuttle does not land where I want it to (increased awareness in areas needed of growth), therefore I tend to waste opportunities to gain a point advantage in the game. Within the session, I have learnt when is the right time to smash the shuttlecock (which usually makes it difficult for the opponent to hit it back), from observing some of my fellow colleagues play (developing new skills). Deciding to test this out, I found a partner for a doubles game, with some of my peers as the opponents. It was a tough match especially since I had to work collaboratively with my partner, but my smashing has definitely improved a lot, (as before I didn't know how to smash), but it still needs work (increased awareness in areas needed of growth), as we did end up losing a good match.
    Towards the end of the session, I played one more game to try and apply all the newly learned skills into an actual game (the video below shows a part of this game), and I ended up winning, but I still had a lot more to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment