Monday, September 22, 2014

Drawing Club First Few Weeks

This semester I joined Drawing Club, as I thought it is a great opportunity to improve on my drawing skills further more from last semester/year, but in different areas of drawing (ex: Pokemon, Francis Bacon artwork, etc.), (undertaking new challenges).
This semester I have decided to focus on Greek mythology characters (ex: Phoenixes, Minotaurs, etc.), as I feel this is something that I am truly interested and fascinated by, and a great way to explore and learn about an older part of history and also improve on my shading skills (improving and developing on skills). 
So far, I have been produced a phoenix artwork drawing seen below, and hopefully I can produce more pieces with more mythological characters later in the future (planned and initiated activities). My objective, is by the end, combine the pictures and characters I have drawn into one big picture, which can explain that part of history to people who may not know about it or tell a story about Greek mythology to others through the use of pictures (planned and initiated activities), which is skill I hope to develop and improve (developing new skills) on by the end of this Drawing Club activity, since it is something I have never done before.

You can learn more about the Phoenix and the stories about it, which is something I personally enjoy reading, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_(mythology). You can also learn more about the Minotaur here: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/m/minotaur.html, and other Greek mythology characters and stories here: http://www.pantheon.org/areas/mythology/europe/greek/


The Phoenix that I drew.


No comments:

Post a Comment