Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Badminton Half-Way Point

As we are approaching the half-way point of the badminton activity I wanted to reflect on how my skills (developing new skills) and overall badminton is improving.
I think one of the things I do well now, and am still improving on, is serving. Some of my friends and I have noticed I have been putting significantly more points on the board due to my serves, as they are low and close to the boundaries, making them hard for the opponents to receive (increased awareness of strengths). But one of the things I still need to improve is my responsiveness and stance, as we had a training regarding this and I struggled a bit (increased awareness of areas for growth), and due to this I lost a lot points, as I wasn't able to react quick enough or reach the shuttlecock quick enough. Hopefully with more training I will be able to improve on this further.
The biggest thing I still need to improve is my smashes, since I didn't know how to do one before the activity (undertaking new challenges), and I am still learning. Mr. De Silva and some of my peers (working collaboratively with others) suggested to use my wrist instead my whole arm when smashing, which is something that I still need to work on (increased awareness of areas for growth).
Another thing I need to improve on are my single games, as I have noticed that, generally, I win most of my doubles, but lose most of my singles. Therefore I hope I can improve on this further, and be better at it towards the end of the badminton activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment